It has been over a month now since we reopened, and we've been continuously reviewing our process so we can try and make it easier for everyone across the board.
We've discovered that our current rules are not as specific as we'd like them to be, and people often still miss out on what we're looking for. But adding more information to the rules and guidelines will overcomplicate things, and we're sure we don't need that on all sides.
As a result, we've come up with a quick submission checklist that we (the admins) have agreed lists out what we need for you to avoid getting your submission rejected or a comment from one of us asking for information confirmation.
Obligatory disclaimer: As we are all human and we have differing opinions, different mods will treat each submission their own way as best as they can. We only ask for your cooperation to speed up the process, so that you don't have to worry about it and we don't have so many messages to deal with!
1. Are you submitting to the right folder? (Hint: Check the list
2. Is the character part of an original world/species set in an original world? (Hint: Always good to state that the world belongs is your creation too, not just the character!) ☐
3. Have you been working on the character for a while and hope to develop them further in the near future? (Hint: Talking about it helps! You don't have to write an entire backstory, but how about design? The world they live in? What do they do for a living? Others want to hear more! Space out your information so we're interested and will try and find out more on our own!) ☐
4. Do you have references and/or other works of the character being a character? (Hint: Link them in your description! Show your character off in the instances you've drawn them! You want to increase exposure to your works, right?) ☐
5. Does your character have a backstory and personality? (We don't accept plain designs, even if based off of themes!) ☐
6. Can strangers realise your character is an ongoing, established character you're working on and hoping to keep working on in the future? ☐
7. Does the work you're submitting have a character-based reason? Such as: interacting with people or animals according to their personality, stargazing because it's one of their interests, etc ☐
8. If the work you're submitting belongs to the OC Fanart
folder (ie it's someone else's), is there enough info for us to know that the character(s) depicted is/are original? ☐
9. If the work you're submitting is finished
, have you stated that in your description? ☐
10. Please don't forget to credit stock sources! ☐Please make sure you can tick off all the boxes before submitting.